August Bank Holiday Weekend
* ALL NON-COMMERCIAL ANGLERS WELCOME *
SHYC SPECIES FISHING COMPETITION
SATURDAY 29TH AUGUST 2020
SHYC SPECIES HUNT COMPETITION
8 A.M. SIGN IN. COST £10 SHYC MEMBERS/£15 NON-MEMBERS. TO INCLUDE BREAKFAST AND SUPPER. (BREAKFAST WILL BE SAUSAGE OR BACON BAPS AND UNLIMITED TEA/COFFEE.
9 0’CLOCK LOCK-IN FOR 9:30 LOCK
ALL DAY FISHING AND RETURN FOR 3:30 LOCK-IN FOR FOUR O’CLOCK LOCK
4:15 – 5:30 CLEAN BOATS AND HAND SHEETS TO DAVE DAVIES
6 P.M. PRIZEGIVING
6:30 CHILLI, RICE/NACHOS SUPPER
COMPETITION IS OPEN TO ANYONE WITH A BOAT (POWER OR SAIL) AND ENTRIES MUST BE into DAVE DAVIES ON 07958 476015 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org BY 6 P.M. ON THURSDAY 27TH AUGUST.
RULES & SCORING
Please can all participants in the competition do all in their power to prevent the unnecessary slaughter of fish and other marine life. Conservation is of prime importance and no fish need be retained. Only fish that are of legal minimum size may be retained for eating. Two Bass can be landed per angler. All fish are to be digitally photographed with your team ID card in the picture, please take care of the picture so that the fish can be easily identified by the photo.
You will need the following on the day
- Fish ID tag (included in pack) ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE DAY
- Digital Camera or Good Mobile phone camera (backup device recommended)
- Entry Fee- £10 per person SHYC Members £15 per person non-members
- NO COMMERCIAL BOATS (This is deemed a vessel that is coded and licensed to take passengers.)
- All person fishing must be on the entry form (up to 4).
- Contact mobile number must be on the entry form.
- Your entry pack will be available from 08.00 on the day of the competition from Sovereign Harbour Yacht Club
Fish verification is from 4:15 to 5:45 promptly. (After 5:45 will not count)
- The competition is a species hunt and will be judged via clear, unmistakable ID photographs of each species against the ID card provided on the day.
- Please mark down the fish on the catch sheet in the same order that you take the photos. This will save time at the verification.
- Only one clear photo need be taken of each species.
- The competition is per boat.
- There will be a maximum of four people per boat, who may use two rods each.
- Prizes will be awarded for individual fish.
- Maximum of 3 hooks per rod (Pennel hooks in one bait is counted as two hooks) and one rod in use at any one time.
- The angler must be present at the booking in and verification of the catch- no booking or verification catch in on behalf of others.
- Cameras are not supplied. We suggest you use two in case of loss or damage.
- Team ID cards to be clearly visible in each photo. Junior and lady anglers to be identified on the entry form.
The competition organiser’s decision is final in all matters relating to the eligibility of catch.
Points are awarded depending on the type of species, (no points are given for more than one of any species). In the event of a draw, a countback system will be used starting with the most 25 point fish than 20, 15 and so on.
BOAT SAFETY – All boats must have their own public liability insurance cover with Skippers being responsible for the safety of all passengers and of the vessel at all times.
Prizegiving will take place from 18:00 at the Sovereign Harbour Yacht Club.
FREE Hot food will be supplied by Sovereign Harbour Yacht Club from 18:30. All families are welcome at the prize giving.
FISH POINTS LIST
- All fish on this list has the points value in brackets
- There is NO MINIMUM SIZE
- NO UNDERSIZE FISH CAN BE RETAINED
- MORE THAN TWO BASS PER ANGLER MUST BE RETURNED
Angler fish (25)
Blenny (all) (5)
Bream (Black) (5)
Bream (Gilthead) (10)
Bream (Red) (15)
Bull Huss (15) (Huss -photo to include nasal flaps)
*Eel (Conger) (10)
Garfish (all) (5)
Gurnard (Red) (5)
Gurnard (Grey) (5)
Gurnard (Tub) (5)
Goby All (5)
John Dory (20)
Lesser Spotted Dogfish (2)
Mullet (Thick Lipped) (5)
Mullet (Thin Lipped) (5)
Ray (Blonde) (10)
Ray (Small Eyed/Painted) (10)
Ray (Spotted (10)
Ray (Thornback) (10)
Ray (Undulate) (10)
Ray (Stingray) (25)
Red Mullet (15)
Rockling (all) (10)
Silver Eel (must be returned) (10)
Smoothhound (all) (10) * Tope (10)
Spurdog (15) Trigger Fish (15)
Sole (all) (10) Turbot (15)
Wrasse (Ballan) (5)
Wrasse (Cuckoo) (5)
Fish marked above by * need not be boated. Picture can be taken in the water with ID tag visible
- For each and every recognisable species caught that is not on the main list is worth 1 (ONE) point.
Examples of Fish (by no means exhaustive and worth 1 point include-
Weever (Greater/Lesser both count as one species)
Wrasse (Rock Cook)
HAVE A GREAT DAY AND GOOD LUCK!
This is an example of how your fish ID tag needs to be clearly visible in the pictures of each species caught
Please take pictures in the same order as your record them on your score sheet to save time during catch verification