Although we are primarily a yacht club, we encourage everyone to join in with our numerous activities and events planned throughout the year.
You don’t need to own a boat to join our club, but we do encourage sailing of all sorts.
Our annual membership fees are currently:
Full member, this is anyone associated with a boat or actively sailing. £100 per person per year
Social members, these are members not involved with boats and just join for the social activities. £84 per person per year. (VAT included)
Contact our Membership Secretary, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call into the club and have a chat with any of our Flag officers or bar staff who can answer your questions and give you a tour of our facilities.
You can pick up an application form from the bar and join on the spot or download it. click here
Send it to the Membership Secretary via email once completed or pop it into the club when its open. We do prefer online payments for ease and a speedy transaction.
Benefits of Membership:
- We are the only club around the marina that carries Harvey’s ale! – ;
- Members pay less for drinks and for the hire of the Royal Sovereign Suite.
- We have food available most of the week. Our Sunday lunch is excellent we are told
- We offer many sailing and training courses for members which are boat related
- We also offer a try sailing day for members where you can see if you like the idea of being on a boat. A great experience to start you off.
- Members get regular newsletters via email to keep you in the loop. You can subscribe yourself here at the top right of our website.
- Our social calendar is jam-packed of events mostly free to members which include quizzes, call my bluff, music and many other entertainment options.
- We have a great club room with panoramic views across the harbour. BT sports available and show rugby, football etc
- You can meet friendly like-minded people and have fun.
- There is also a fishing club ready to take you out for a days entertainment.
- Free Wi-Fi;
- We have disabled access with our own lift.
- Yacht racing and cruising in company; There are many skippers needing crew so once you learn to sail you could be offered opportunities to go across the channel, enjoy social cruises and other events. You just need to take that first step.
- We have other associated groups as members such as the Bridge Club, Harbour Friends,Photographic Club and Sovereign Divers. They are always keen for new recruits.